At Ozinga, our mission is to make the world better because of our presence. The Ozinga Energy Efficiency Statement is our formal commitment to implementing reliable, sustainable, and cost-effective measures to reduce energy use in our production facilities, office buildings, and fleet vehicles.
We are stewards of our communities, environment, and company resources.
We will be the most energy-efficient construction materials supplier in our regions.
• Service, Learning, and Entrepreneurship
• Respect and recognize every coworker’s contribution
• Freely share energy information across the company
• Reviewing risk and cost management through energy procurement contracts
• Purchasing green energy when practical
• Considering life-cycle energy costs in future equipment purchases and plant construction
• Identifying and implementing cost-effective operation and maintenance procedures that improve energy efficiency
• Identifying opportunities to reduce, reuse, or recycle water, waste, and equipment
• Continuing to explore alternative transportation fuels and new vehicle technologies
• Encouraging all coworkers to be conscientious energy users
Compressor Efficiency Test Nets Huge Energy Savings at Ozinga’s South Bend Plant
Over a four week period earlier this year, our Energy Efficiency Team worked with the plant operations and maintenance departments at our South Bend plant to fine tune our compressed air system. After collecting data, making adjustments, and analyzing results, we saw a 65% reduction in kWhs/production unit and a 68% reduction in compressor run time.